Let’s face it; we know that sitting at our desk all day is not good for us, but we aren’t sure what we can do about it. Those of us trying to remain healthy are going to have a lot harder time when we have to sit all day. A study done in 2009 studied the lifestyle habits of more than 17,000 men and women, found that those who sat for most of the day were 54% more likely to end up having a heart attack later on in life.
Spending an average of 40 hours per week at work can be physically and mentally draining, but the workplace can also be unhealthy as well. Sitting or standing for long periods of time can cause pain and other adverse effects.
- Take a stroll around the office and loosen up your joints
- Use your lunch break to run errands that don’t involve sitting
- Watch your posture while sitting
- Keep monitors at eye level to keep neck from straining
- Sit with legs at 90 degree angle on floor
Hopefully these tips will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle in the work place and prevent any extra strain on your body. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at Towne Lake Chiropractic in Woodstock, GA.